Socket A And Lga 775 Heatsinks

Fireonice

I would like to know what the best heatsink(s) would be for socket A and LGA 775???

Im just in this situation were i would like to get the h/s now and when chrismas comes il have the money to get the mobo for my 3.0 presshott.

socket a and lga 775

Thermaltake Big Typhoon

http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/4in1hea...on/cl-p0114.htm

some say it performs better than ANY thermalright cooler... it's a VERY good heatsink and as long as you have room for it, i'd say it's probably the BEST solutin for what you want...

(cue inevitable Tt slating by the n00blets...)

i figured it would end up being a Tt product that wouldwork for me like this....

So i guess im stuck here with a couple options. 1. Get the xp-90c now and just let it sit here. OR 2. get that H/S or another one that will work on both cpus....

And one more thing it totaly looks like the xp-90c will work on my socket a board :blink:

And one more thing it totaly looks like the xp-90c will work on my socket a board :blink:

572482[/snapback]

If you can figure out a way to bolt on a retention bracket around your socket, file down the part of the socket that sticks up, and then make sure the heatsink makes contact with the fragile core without cracking it, then yea, it'll work.

actually thermalright sell those lga775 retention bracket that works with the xp-120, si-120 and xp-90. so yeah if you want to use them, just order the bracket seperately.

572709[/snapback]

But none of the heatsinks you mentioned work on Socket A. He wants a heatsink that he can use on his Socket A board that he'll be able to move to a Socket T when he upgrades. Unfortunately, I don't think there are any decent heatsinks that will do Socket A and LGA775. Now, if he needed cross-compatibility between socket 754/939 and LGA775, then he could get any of the heatsinks you mentioned, cuz all he would need is that bracket you mentioned.