Beta

Encrypted_God

What is the deal with this "Beta" era...I mean, geee'z. Beta, Beta, Beta (Not Marsha, Marsha, Marsha <_< ) Are the beta drivers that good? I have never used them so I was just wondering if i should try it.

i went to beta drivers for my graphics card once and my scores dident change, also my games acted funny with them too. so ive stuck with official straight from nvidias site drivers lol.

but for some people they do increase benchmarking scores. but not always. it all depends on your setup.

Betas are there to help the companies find out about problems which they may have otherwise missed.

Its an important phase in getting the drivers out there.

I suppose having fully public betas means they find problems more quickly.

It may also give them chance to show of performance gains ealier (if they're there)

Either way, they are test drivers by nature so if you want to avoid problems stick to official complete releases.

Edited by jammin

Betas are there to help the companies find out about problems which they may have otherwise missed.

Its an important phase in getting the drivers out there.

I suppose having fully public betas means they find problems more quickly.

It may also give them chance to show of performance gains ealier (if they're there)

Either way, they are test drivers by nature so if you want to avoid problems stick to official complete releases.

572337[/snapback]

So...the term "Beta" can be, or is, considered to be a "Pre-Driver" or "test driver" maybe even "soon-to-be-released Driver?"

"Beta" is a term used to refer to a program or something of the like that has been completed enough by the developers to have them label it as a Beta (as opposed to Alpha, which is like a lesser Beta, testing done in house). Beta programs are usually mostly complete, but are like a preview of what the final program will be.

"Beta" is a term used to refer to a program or something of the like that has been completed enough by the developers to have them label it as a Beta (as opposed to Alpha, which is like a lesser Beta, testing done in house). Beta programs are usually mostly complete, but are like a preview of what the final program will be.

572348[/snapback]

Very Nice expanation....wow.