Switching Cpu's

it's NOT a driver problem. jeeez guys.

it's also NOT a bios issue with prescott. if it was it wouldn't post into windows. besides if this is his main rig it's a P4P800 deluxe... prescott ready board :(

by chance is it IRQ NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL?

if so it's a heat problem. temps are spiking... common issue with prescotts.

Edited by bigred

no, try putting the one that came with it on the right way :( I've seen it work... I promise!

I've also seen too many people slap a huge HSF on there with too much / not enough thermal compound and this happens.

the stock one with stock compound... low and behold it's fine.

well.. i got it in.. i found my asus bios upgrade.. turns out, you must do a bios upgrade to have a stable vcore on this mobo.. anyway.. it seams to be working.. but right now.. idle its.. 49C .. idk.. load i get about 64C .. this is a spark 7+ running at 1/2 speed.. so i dont think thats to bad..

things seam a bit sluggish?? my 2.8 seamed a bit faster than this 3.0.. o well.. at least it has sse3.. lol..

lol.. ya.. idk.. i dont care.. it seams stable so far.. i oc it a bit.. and it started to crap out on me.. so i think im not gana OC this.. i dont really care about all that anymore.. its not worth my time or effort.. 3ghz is fast enough for anything you could think of..

it's NOT a driver problem.  jeeez guys. 

it's also NOT a bios issue with prescott.  if it was it wouldn't post into windows.  besides if this is his main rig it's a P4P800 deluxe...  prescott ready board :(

by chance is it IRQ NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL?

if so it's a heat problem.  temps are spiking...  common issue with prescotts.

571407[/snapback]

bigred, i think you misunderstood what he was asking. He wasn't having any problems...he was taking precautions and asking if problems would occur, which I told him it wouldn't as long as the bios supported the cpu, which is true.

anyways, glad to hear it's working, asus. I dunno about prescott temps though...but I wouldn't just say, "well if it's below the threshold, it's good" because you really don't want to be anywhere near the threshold. But 60 doesn't sound too bad on load with air cooling.

ya.. and you have to take into ac. that my Ceremaque is like 2 yrs old. .and im only running my spark 7+ and 4000 rps insted of 7000+++

my old bios would not accept the prescott.. it kept giving me a bunch of beeps. .. and thoes beeps im assuming ment NOT COMPATABLE. so a quick flash of the bios.. and i was up and running..