Best Fan: Zaleman

Joseph4829

Oh and another question, when I remove my old CPU Heatsink, should I clean off any compound that's placed on my CPU before putting on the Arctic Silver compound?  Is so, is there a procedure to follow? 

Thanks,

571208[/snapback]

This is where "Reading the manual" comes in handy.

On the side of the AS tube:

Please see instructions at:

www.arcticsilver.com

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm

As for the Zalman and its performance, it's the best temp/noise ratio. it doesnt give the lowest temps not the absolute silent opeation (though it is close) it does do great temps at low noise.

I just installed the Zalman fan I ordered and used the arctic silver 5 compound as well. The installation wasn't too bad ... even for a novice such as myself.

I noticed around a 12-15c drop in load temperature. However, I think in my case, my computer probably had a larger than normal drop since when I took off the stock cooler, I noticed there was no thermal greace between the CPU and the heatsink. That might explain why I was getting load temps of 55 - 61c on my Athlon X2 4400.

So what's all this about Arctic silver needing 200 hours to set? Does that mean I shouldn't leave the computer on overnight for at least 200 hours? That might put a crimp in my downloading schedule ... but otherwise no big deal, I guess.