Senator Bill Frist Under Investigation

Aristotle

Heh, you didn't say it, but it doesn't take a Plato to understand what you were insinuating.

560569[/snapback]

I sure didn't see any insinuations. I guess if you want to see it that way, you will...

How about this: instead of saying it's a democrat or republican, how about 'politician'

Back on topic, I obviously don't have enough info to say he's guilty or not, but it sure looks bad. Regardless of the outcome of the proceedings on this guy, I think that anyone in the government who is convicted of a crime should immediately have the sentencing doubled or tripled. They are the ones who help make and enforce the rules, and are supposed to have our trust to run the country/state/city/etc.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This entire situation is just bogus. This is not a Bush administration crack-up, this is a Bush adminstration crack-down. As much as I would like this to be a bipartisan debate, it isn't. The left wing extremists are using every power availbale to exploit the Republican majority and make it, at least through the eyes of the media, appear that Bush's administration is inept and unfit for command. This simply is not the case, though it plays well into the hands of people who haven't like the redneck cowboy Bush since he 'stole' the election in 2000.

cybergrunt. If Aristotle wasn't planning on this thread being perceived as biased and a laugh in the face of the Bush administration (which I highly doubt he is a big fan of), perhaps a slight disclaimer saying he is by no means condeming these politicians or bashing the Republican leadership. Based on his past posts in the Politics forum, I doubt he made this thread in a nonpartisan way.

And no libs, I don't have any links to back up what i just said :rolleyes:

I just thought that it was funny that both DeLay and Frist have been under investigation because they are percieved by many as walking a very thin moral line, a line which they have been accused of sometimes dancing around. There was never any insinuation that they were immediately guilty nor was it to show that the Bush administration is inept. I don't agree with some of Bush's decisions but that doesn't mean that his entire staff is useless. Hell, if a Democratic senator is placed under investigation for posing naked on the web I'd post information about it because that would be funny as hell :lol: I said "see a pattern yet?" because I am wondering which DeLay lackey will be next :P

Sovek: Please post the URLs to the articles that discuss the topics to which you refer to. Should be an interesting read.

After reading up on Earle's career, I think it is possible that he is grasping at straws. On the other hand, he has had quite a bit of success at finding corrupt politicians and his intuition might be the cause of the indictment. I'll have to investigate the cases he handled thoroughly before reaching a final conclusion of his legal skills.

Wikipedia: Ronnie Earle

Also, could you please avoid posting biased articles in my threads? No offense, but the PHXNews article had very little information and focused on trying to create a negative image rather than providing facts--even if the image being presented is possibly accurate. <_<

In my opinion though, the decision of whatever jury is to decide the veracity of the charges against DeLay, there shouldn't be any conflict with the judgement. Either there is evidence to show DeLay guilty or there isn't. The upside to this indictment for Earle, however, is that if DeLay has broken the law previously, it will be found. Earle must have a good reason of pursuing DeLay because he will get sacked if he's wrong. :lol:

Also, could you please avoid posting biased articles in my threads?  No offense, but the PHXNews article had very little information and focused on trying to create a negative image rather than providing facts--even if the image being presented is possibly accurate.  <_<

561282[/snapback]

None taken, the only fact I took from that article were the extortion conspiracies. I knew it was true, and that was the first link I came across that stated it. If you want me to, I'll find another one. As I said, the rest of that article is up for grabs.