Senator Bill Frist Under Investigation

Aristotle

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, heaven forbid that Frist would could ever possibly doing anything wrong.

Authorities are looking into Frist's recent sale of shares of hospital operator HCA Inc., co-founded by Frist's father and brother. The sales took place just days before HCA's stock price fell on a disappointing July 13 profit outlook.

Sure looks suspiciously like he acted on some inside information to me.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks, there's a pretty good chance you are looking at a duck.

lol your bringing bill clinton into this? thats hilarious. Clinton lied about .. .! . has nothing to do with how well you run a country. If I was the most powerfull person in the world Id lie about my sexual escapades as well. Who wouldnt?

lol your bringing bill clinton into this? thats hilarious. Clinton lied about .. .! . has nothing to do with how well you run a country.

559708[/snapback]

But a lie about something like . is a pretty good indication of a man's character (or lack thereof) now isn't it? And lying under oath is called perjury. That's a crime in itself and is what the impeachment was about. Not who he had . with.

And it says they are LOOKING INTO the sale of stock. What if he simply chose a bad time to sell? Oh wait, he's a republican in a position of power. Maybe we should just lock him up. Screw due process. IF he did do something wrong, I'm not going to defend him, but some of you people are too ready to get the torches and pitch forks. :rolleyes:

Just for something to stir up the flames a bit... :D

WTF is the big deal about making such an issue out of the political party? It's starting to sound almost as heated as judging a person based on gender/race/height/age/etc. So what if it's a "Republican" on trial? It's just another freaking politician. They are all the same, they just lie different ways, depending on who's paying them.

It would be funny if you re-wrote 90% of these posts, replacing "Republican" with (take your pick): black, white, male, female, Indian, senior citizen, mail room worker, janitor, or race car driver. Hmmm, almost makes the political zealots flame yourself, doesn't it?

In this particular case, it really shouldn't matter what this guy's political affiliation is. He's just somebody who got caught (I mean noticed, no, wait I mean accused) breaking the law. Hmmm, a stock sale right before the value crashes could be a coincidence, but since it's a company co-founded by his dad and brother, that goes way beyond 'just looking odd.' I think I see a duck!

In this particular case, it really shouldn't matter what this guy's political affiliation is.

559713[/snapback]

Is there another case where it should matter what his political affiliation is? Normally, political affiliation would not be brought up, but since the whole premise of this topic, started by Aristotle, the anti-conservative, was to jump on the liberal bandwagon and bash two republicans who have been "indicted" on criminal charges...I think political affiliation has EVERYTHING to do with this topic, but should not.

And so was Martha Stewart :D

559703[/snapback]

poor martha, she "cooked" books with the wrong ingrediants and now shes a gangsta :lol: anyways we republicans are the underdogs, the democrats are the corrupted evil guys trying to kill us.

poor martha, she "cooked" books with the wrong ingrediants and now shes a gangsta :lol: anyways we republicans are the underdogs, the democrats are the corrupted evil guys trying to kill us.

559777[/snapback]

I think that whole Martha ordeal was bogus.

Lol! Who says I am anti-conservative? I just thought it was funny that so far two of the most widely recognized (and controversial) republicans are being investigated. The only reason it appears that Bill Frist was investigated and discovered was because of his close ties with Tom DeLay. My post had nothing to do with "jumping on the liberal bandwagon". I also never said they were guilty either. You assume way too much LoArmistead :P

Aristotle, havnt you heard, it took three or four grand jurys just to indict DeLay, Not to mention the fact that the guy idicting DeLay has a big history of indicting people he didnt agree with. Besides I havn't heard a word of this outside of this thread, even out of the liberal media, I find little to no truth to this story.

Lol!  Who says I am anti-conservative?  I just thought it was funny that so far two of the most widely recognized (and controversial) republicans are being investigated.  The only reason it appears that Bill Frist was investigated and discovered was because of his close ties with Tom DeLay.  My post had nothing to do with "jumping on the liberal bandwagon".  I also never said they were guilty either.  You assume way too much LoArmistead :P

560548[/snapback]

Heh, you didn't say it, but it doesn't take a Plato to understand what you were insinuating.