jpmad4it

asus p5nd2 deluxe

P4 3.80Hz 800 FSB (lga775)

1GB gskill pc4800 RAM

geforce 7800 GTX

tagAn 580W PSU

raptor 74GB SATA

554319[/snapback]

That sounds nice, but you should think about something more serious about cooling

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just thought - dont need to use windows xp 64 bit with that processor do i? I can still use win xp pro / home?

554323[/snapback]

Yes, all the 64bit stuff means is that its compatible with today's 32bit apps and is ready for tommorows 64bit future.

Yes it doesn't matter where a chip is from

just thought - dont need to use windows xp 64 bit with that processor do i? I can still use win xp pro / home?

Am I the only one who cought this?

Intel doesnt make a 64 bit Pentium of any kind, they do make 64 bit processors, but they arent very good, and really expensive. AMD had a monopoly on the 64 bit universe, and Intel hasent even anounced a new 64 bit procesor yet.

So no, you dont need Windows xp 64, you cant even use it with that.

Intel doesnt make a 64 bit Pentium of any kind, they do make 64 bit processors, but they arent very good, and really expensive. AMD had a monopoly on the 64 bit universe, and Intel hasent even anounced a new 64 bit procesor yet.

554353[/snapback]

Maybe you're talking about something else, but I thought the P4 6xx line had 64bit support? :huh:

554353[/snapback]

huh... Intel did get 64bit technology, Its called EM64 and they use it in the pentuim 4 6xx series,(HHAHAH they had to pay amd for it tho :P ) bah fortunatly i'm a intel fanboy :D

hey guys

take a look at this CPU:

e8_1_b.jpg

its says Costa Rica on it - does that mean it work in the UK??

553738[/snapback]

lmao! hahaha yea it will work in the UK. The "Costa Rica" is just where the chip was manufactured.

huh... Intel did get 64bit technology, Its called EM64 and they use it in the pentuim 4 6xx series,(HHAHAH they had to pay amd for it tho :P ) bah fortunatly i'm a intel fanboy  :D

554355[/snapback]

Yeah, the EM64T Extensions is used by Pentium D, 6xx and 5x1 series

Yeah, the EM64T  Extensions is used by Pentium D, 6xx and 5x1 series

554376[/snapback]

humm i didnt know any of the 5xx series had the extensions....but why would they since the 6xx is the 5xx version w/EM64...ok rereading that i realize it was kinda confusing....oh well too bad.

humm i didnt know any of the 5xx series had the extensions....but why would they since the 6xx is the 5xx version w/EM64...ok rereading that i realize it was kinda confusing....oh well too bad.

554377[/snapback]

The bigest difference between 6xx and 5xx is the L2 cache. And in fact most of the 5xx dont have EM64T, just the 5x1 ! Like 551... Mine is a 550J and dont have it, so I can put only 4GB of RAM instead of 8. What a damage.. :closedeyes:

Intel's EM64T and AMD's x86-64 are both the same extensions. Intel bought the extensions from AMD while AMD bought SSE3 extensions from Intel. They basically need eachother to survive. :P

Edited by FxXP