Id Vs. Evolution In Public Schools

Aristotle

how does believing aliens created the earth constitue as a religous belief? if i think there is a superior race out in space and they made us as a test or they produce us all over the universe, how is that religious?

many things in the bible have been proven true, locations of lost cities, other things that are hard facts, with a track record like that who says a god didn't make the earth.

and for you people who aren't sure there's a god or don't believe in one, WHAT IF YOU ARE WRONG? ponder that

and yes, evolution is faith based, it can be proven wrong just as it can be proven right. if you want to believe something is true, smart people like you guys can find ways to justify what you believe, if you don't want to believe something, you can argue that way too, just like [CENSORED for using the L-word]s.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, i know this could be taken as slightly off topic, but if you compare the two theorys side by side.  the evolution theory pretty much explains the creation "theory" if thats what u call it in a scientific way, although not down to the T, but it does sort of explain it in some ways... just a thought.  :)

553989[/snapback]

I had a simmilar idea.

Aristotle: Look at the order of the events. Funny how things sort of line up huh?

Universe -> earth -> animals -> Humans

As I was saying in another topic, where is the proof for life comming out of nothing. No one has showed me that life can come out of non-life. Untill that is proven I am going to believe that evolution and ID co-exist. So if someone would please give me proof...a scientist reproducing life from chemicals or anything of the sort, then I will rethink my beliefs.

553995[/snapback]

Sounds good to me.

Time travel would be great don't you think? (THINK ABOUT IT)

thespin, how is a B52 on mars relevant to this topic? i dont think that giving completely random hypothetical evidence is helping at all. and what you said about the sun being an incredibly complex masterpeice, i dont think it is so. this sun is a ball of hydrogen and helium that came together because of mutual gravitational attraction of the atoms. it gives off energy (in many forms) because of the nuclear fusion that began when the pressure and heat inside rose to sufficient levels (also due to gravity). if i need to explain nuclear fusion to make even clearer how completely un-mystical the sun is, please feel free to ask.

553997[/snapback]

"The sun is a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace. Where hydrogen is built into helium, at temperatures of millions of degrees!

The sun is hot, the sun is not, a place you'd like to live. But here on earth we could not live without the light it gives."

Name that song and get a cookie.

Time travel would be great. But think about what would happen if we screwed up...you know the whole thing with "Back to the Future."

And I still don't understand the whole plane on the moon/mars idea. Would someone please explain this to me.

Time travel would be great. But think about what would happen if we screwed up...you know the whole thing with "Back to the Future."

554011[/snapback]

True.

I was thinking along the lines of "Look, here are the pictures" 'nuff said.

We can not travel back in time. Why?

Time is, theoretically, the revolutions of aether particles. They revolve, and time proceeds. Taking advantage of Einstein's theories though, it is theoretically possible to "travel" forward in time via sustained hyperoptic speeds.

KB, we weren't serious about time travel. Though what you said seems to be true though I haven't seen any research to say so.

EDIT: ijag, don't you know that pictures can be doctored and no matter what you have pictures of, people will say that they are fake?

lol

Edited by hockeyrcks9901

LoArmistead: Who is that and why is she trying to swallow her microphone?

hockeyrcks9901: Evolution has nothing to do with the spawning of organic matter from inorganic matter; that is the study of Abiogenesis and not Evolution. I suggest that you and everyone else actually read up on Evolution so we are all in the same novel before we begin to argue the plot.

Read up on Evolution here.

Guest Batman

Put it this way several well knowen scientists have spoke out against the therory of evolution.. I dont think its wrong all together but some parts just dont go with me...

KB, we weren't serious about time travel. Though what you said seems to be true though I haven't seen any research to say so.

EDIT: ijag, don't you know that pictures can be doctored and no matter what you have pictures of, people will say that they are fake?

lol

554032[/snapback]

True,

I've had my share of fun with photoshop.

I was thinking about a poster in my HS photo class that said "The camera never lies" It was about 35MM photography. Some people may be too young to know what that is. :lol: jk

In that case what do you propose?