Weird Problem With Explorer.exe

CheeseMan42

For some reason my explorer.exe likes to take up all of my cpu on my laptop. i have ran norton and antispyware programs and they come up empty. any idea what is causing it? does this call for a reformat, because that would upset me because this bad boy aint partitioned

?????? what do you mean. i do think you have an issue that can only be fixed by a clean install unless the issue is norton i know there are better antiviruses and anti spybots out there . i use avast love it . and spybot s&d along with addaware and hijack this if everything still sucks after running these then i sugest a clean install.

It's obviously not blank, as it is running windows and his explorer.exe process is taking up all cycles. My guess is that he means it is running a single C: partition. And that his documents are on that partition and he doesn't want to lose it. Unliket those of us who partition the windows drive separate,allowing for a reinstall without losing files.

It's obviously not blank, as it is running windows and his explorer.exe process is taking up all cycles.  My guess is that he means it is running a single C: partition.  And that his documents are on that partition and he doesn't want to lose it.  Unliket those of us who partition the windows drive separate,allowing for a reinstall without losing files.

546474[/snapback]

i normally do partition but my laptop came as a single c drive. ms antispyware runs every night and nothing has come up. i think ill try upgrading to pro since i got that disc lying around here somewhere. ill see how that turns out and update the post after doing so