Mobo Needs Lots Of Power!

I am getting a dual xeon board and i just saw how much power it needs.

It needs a 24 pin, a 8 pin, and a 4 pin power hookup to run.

I have found adapters that will get my an 8 pin connector, but they use the 4 pin to convert it.

What i need is to have all three of those available. Anyone know how i can rig that up?

I wouldn't trust that Maxtop worth jack. Why would you want to use a cheapo PSU on such a expensive system? I would recommend this Fortron PSU. It looks generic, but its performance is top notch.

Edit: That mobo is pretty old. Unless you are getting the parts really cheap, I don't know if it would be worth the hassle building a older system like that.

Edited by lilkev715

You're going to need a server PSU. They cost a whole lot of money just for that 8-pin bugger. I don't know where to get one, though. At work we got a replacement one from HP, but it was from and HP server.

i am building this rig as a toy, so i don't really care that it is old stuff (that is what i was aiming for)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....=&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

that on that list under like 65 bucks would be best?

535933[/snapback]

Never skimp out on the psu. You have the potential to fry not only what I would think is a hard to find mobo, but also *two* cpus. I recently had a "good deal" psu literally fry on me, and luckily all it took out was my fan controller. I would have been pissed if my mobo, cpu, or graphics card went with it...nevertheless mobo and two cpus :blink:

That 93dollar fortron is the cheapest one that I would still trust(although that black and red aspire sure is sexy! Wont look too good with smoke soming out the back tho ;) )