Computer Mod Drum Kit!

yo,

i just thought u guys might like to see this, its pretty freaking nuts, theese kids in collage buits a robot drumkit useing aircompresstion and running music threw this little breadboard that they modded up, its preatty freakin sweet

http://www.graffagnino.net/wwwpeart/

it was the lastest post on hackaday.com i dono if all of u go there, so check oput the vids n stuff, its awsome, wut u think?>

i think this is why when people invented the drum machine, it was electronic... this pneumatic thing sounds like band practice by a bunch of kids with no ears...

sounds awful... it doesn't sound like there is any use of the Volume and Expression midi control messages and it's just full hit on everything...

i could only JUST bear to watch the videos as it was painful, truly painful, to watch and listen...

if they'd made a pneumatic drummer and dressed it up as Animal from The Muppets i might have seen a point...

i think this is why when people invented the drum machine, it was electronic... this pneumatic thing sounds like band practice by a bunch of kids with no ears...

sounds awful... it doesn't sound like there is any use of the Volume and Expression midi control messages and it's just full hit on everything...

i could only JUST bear to watch the videos as it was painful, truly painful, to watch and listen...

if they'd made a pneumatic drummer and dressed it up as Animal from The Muppets i might have seen a point...

523376[/snapback]

well its a new technology to them and it takes some time, they havent made a sound depth prog yet, most likely because it is a bunch of collage kids> I.E. no money...u would have to buy a lot of compresstion controles, let alone make the progs for it..... time and money is usually somthing collage kids dont have.....but i still think its a pretty sweet contraption.....i wanmna make one with 2 bongos...... :P or something......

Looks like and probably is a school project. I remember in welding shop, me trying to build a dune buggy while everyone else were making 4X8 trailers, which is a lot more practical, especially when i never finished the darn thing :(

Point being when all this is over, it'll all go in the dumpster :P

• 4 weeks later...