Rma Question On Video Card

Bionix

What would be a problem with a video card that warrants an RMA. I read on ATI's site that a restart to black screen isn't enough to get the rma.

What would be a problem with a video card that warrants an RMA.  I read on ATI's site that a restart to black screen isn't enough to get the rma.

510137[/snapback]

That's a kind of ambiguous question. The list of "RMA-able problems" is pretty much endless, but IMO should include "restarts to black screen".

Is that the problem you're having? Did you buy the card retail or online? Have you called ATI for any support yet?

If you bought it retail, they will usually take it back with very few questions asked (at least in my experience at best buy). If you bought it online you will probably have to go through ATI themselves, in which case the logical starting point would be to call tech support. Places are usually a lot more likely to grant an RMA if you have a tech support history in their system, that way they know you've tried to work with it and aren't just trying for a free upgrade.

Well moving the video card around is usually a pretty good indicator. If the problem follows the card, there's a good chance it's the card (not gauranteed though). You're being pretty vague about the problem and what you've done to work with it, and I'm not sure if that's on purpose...

Mind giving us more details on what you've done so far?

So I RMA'd my card (9700 pro)... I'm assuming they will most likely send me somehting else? or are they going to charge me for a repair? If they send me a new card, which one wil it be?