Nvidia 7800 Gtx Vs. Bfg 7800 Gtx Vs. Pny 7800 Gtx

mirth

Hello,

I am in the midst of building my new gaming rig. I am a heavy FPS/MMORPG/Strategy Gameplayer, I am not afraid of Overclocking, my previous rig I was running 4.0Ghz on a 3.2 Prescott with hyperthreading enabled. Zalman Coppertop... :-) I have dabbled with Alias Wavefront/3ds Max Products and am enjoying immensly, Polymodeling will be another aspect for these cards.

Your Views would be much appreciated in helping me differenciate which Cards would be the best for my needs.

Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX

BFG 7800 GTX OC

PNY 7800 Verto GTX

I am going to be going SLI with this, as i am not completely happy with ATI's Crossfire.

The System Specs that will be going with these cards are

AMD FX-55

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

Corsair PC-4400 C25

Creative X-FI ... When it comes out :-)

I thank Everyone in advance to those who will take the time to teach a young padawan.... :P

Sincerely,

mirth

Edited by mirth

Id go with bfg they got that lifetime warrenty thingy and i think there pre oced.... But you could always wait for the new generation cards to come out and if i remember correctly bigred did menchion nvidia coming out with a new line of vidio cards and ati so you could always wait for thous cards to come out.

Guest Raven65

THe bfg for the lifetime warranty, but if your not worried about that go with an XFX instead of the PNY.

i personaly would go with either if they have the same warranty

then again i would go with the bfg (especially if its the 'oc' model)

just my .02 cents

505823[/snapback]

zipzoomfly has the pny $550 i think that is the lowest price on 7800 right now... and not to bad of a deal considering the x850xtpe is like 450...

personaly i would drop the creative sound card and get a fx57 but i dont have the fourtune now do i?

505684[/snapback]

He's gonna have all that nice hardware and use onboard sound? HA!, that's just ridiculous. I don't understand why people don't like soundcards. I don't think I could ever use onboard audio after using my Audigy2 ZS paired up with my Logitech speakers/Sennheiser headphones