Sub Enclosure All Finished And Painted (pics)

Ornlu

Sorry for the blurriness of the pic, i couldn't get it focussed for some reason.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/Subwoof...ics-t53428.html

That post contains the original project / in progress pics.

Update - put it in a big stack for now until I can get some spikes for the top sub, it was transfering too much vibration into the floor, probably because of the weight.

more natural light wouldve helped with focus. the problem is that the camera cant pick out the dark sub with all the other colours that are not very dark around it!

looks ace though :D

It's a 10" Phoenix Gold Xenon x10d2. A very tight musical sub. Anything bigger would have needed a rediculous box to get a nice flat response.

And about the focusing, yeah, my camera just has trouble with incadescent lights. It's annoying.

It's a 10" Phoenix Gold Xenon x10d2.  A very tight musical sub.  Anything bigger would have needed a rediculous box to get a nice flat response.

And about the focusing, yeah, my camera just has trouble with incadescent lights.  It's annoying.

503517[/snapback]

you gots a white balance setting? i bet that'd help for sure.

On a tile floor like that won't that be bouncing away on you? Looks nice though.

503524[/snapback]

Suprisingly, no. The sheer weight of the sub+box (about 60-65 lbs) keeps it in place nicely.

you gots a white balance setting? i bet that'd help for sure.

503526[/snapback]

Hmm, I think it just needs more light to get its auto focus going properly. I added another pic, it came out better.

is that a car sub? i have a kickerL5 in a box laying around, how would i use it on my home theater system lol

504032[/snapback]

Same way you'd use any unpowered speaker in any system.

Get a 120v amplifier for it and plug it into the wall =). Or get a plate amp and fit it to the box.

A car sub is no different from any regular subwoofer.

Absolutely. The only difference between car subwoofers and home audio subwoofers is that car subs are A) usually more rugged B) sometimes distort more, but that just depends on the sub... some do, some don't. and C) have box parameters designed for car-gain.