I'm Beseiged By Spyware

Guest Flashstar

Guest Flashstar

Lately, i've been having this problem with spyware. I guess some common names for it are Buddy, VX2, and abetterinternet. I've tried safemode, disabling recovery points, using 6 different spyware cleaners, and Hijack this. I even used the company's own "removal" tool. The real issue is that this spyware keeps regenerating itself every 5 minutes even if you remove the main parts. So, sure the antispyware programs may remove it altogether as a whole but before I can get rid of it all, the crap regenerates.

Please help me!

ya.. i just tried MS antispyware and to my supprise.. even a program i payd for did not find any of the stuff MS found.. looks like they are using there knolage of there own OS to make someting that works.. glad to see it..

try ms antispyware and/or panda antivirus... they seem to be the best so far for me

500319[/snapback]

I agree about the ms anispyware thing. Its actually found and been able to delete some things that lavasoft ad-aware cant

try running the programs several times with your internet/lan connection disabled. also also MS spyware and Spybot S&D have programs that run in the background, that protect you when programs try to regenerate themselves.

Best thing ive foudn when this sort of thing happens that software cant remove is to go to norton's website, search for the process name, and then check out the manual removal instructions, tells you registry location and everything :D

I use both Spybot and Ad-Aware, and I noticed a huge decrease in spyware population when I installed them.

I highly recommend you get both packages -- best part: They're both free. Just run the names through Google or search download.com.

R.

Guest Flashstar

The truth is that I have adaware, spybot, spypry, ms antispy, spysweeper, counter spy, and spy doctor. lol

EDIT: Thx Exeter Ecres

Like cchalogamer said, remove them from the registry. Thats how I always do it and it works wonders. Start with MSconfig and disable them from starting. If that doesnt work boot up in safe mode and take them out of the registry from the run thread in the registry. And from there nuke them all