Aim.exe Cpu Usage

m0rphr3us

alright well i didnt do anything out of the ordinary and i cant figure this 1 out at all.. aim.exe (aol instant messenger) has been taking up 75-99% cpu usage and 45mb of ram.. i have no clue why this is happening but (as far as i know) i dont have any aim trojans or anything and it just started happening out nowhere so.. any ideas?

i dont know how it started... but i can make it stop.

dont use aim.

use something else like GAIM or Trillian. GAIM and Trillian, though designed to be used as all in one messengers, they both work well when only using one service like AIM.

Thats odd. On my system, it uses 29MB, and 0% of my cpu.

If I were you, I would uninstall, manually remove all of its registry entries, and download and install the latest version.

I suggest using Gaim. It's free and open-source, so no spyware would ever make it into that. I used it to replace AIM and have had no regrets.

EDIT: I just noticed Gaim is doing the same thing for me... Odd, it's never done it before. Maybe this is some new kind of digital attack? I wondered why my CPU temps were 45-50C... :lol:

Edited by Bleeble

I suggest using Gaim. It's free and open-source, so no spyware would ever make it into that. I used it to replace AIM and have had no regrets.

EDIT: I just noticed Gaim is doing the same thing for me... Odd, it's never done it before. Maybe this is some new kind of digital attack? I wondered why my CPU temps were 45-50C... :lol:

489777[/snapback]

This occasionally happens to me on Gaim as well... It is fixed simpilly by exiting Gaim and restarting it... it also usually happens right after I try to log in after being disconnected and while my computer is still waking up...