$859.oo !

skrew spending $819 on 1 card, when crossfire comes out you can spend that much and get 2X the performance (Im an ATI fanboy, but still...)

:Edit: Hell an X800XT has a higher core and memory for $328.80

thats $490.20 cheaper

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 512mb versions 6800 ultras, 8 256mb 6800 ultras, 2 6800 GT's, 3 X800 XT PE's, an X800 XT, an X800 pro, a few 9800 Xt's, and I've got one of the new ATI crossfire boards, card, and an X850TX 512mb coming for my X2 4400+ setup :(

and btw that card is NOT, I say again NOT the most expensive you can buy. Wildcat has some that are more than double that price.

Nvidia?

3dlabs Wildcat?

those two are even way out of my budget :( and that's including the discounts I get.

Edited by bigred

Thats just a waste of money, most games don't even use 256mbs with the exception of doom 3 but even doom 3 looks the same on 256mb mode as ultra mode. and a person said they had sli setup, wasted 700 dollars for the same perfromance as crossfire...

Edited by Crazy_Dude

crossfire is no cheaper than an SLI setup... mobo + first vid card + crossfire vid card = mobo + matched sli nvidia cards.

trust me I already ordered mine. and don't forget that you have to get the coresponding crossfire card to go with your ati video card (didn't read that detail did ya?)

Guest Raven65

If you make it they will come. There is always a fool out there who will buy anything.

One day I may buy a 512MB graphics card...

When they also have a 512-bit memory interface.

Until then...pfeh.

My 'old' FX5900U has enough power for 95% of the games out there right now, and the 6800GT can do twice what it can do. That's my next upgrade, obviously.

And they were about $350 the last time I checked.