Big Problem, Please Help ....

Check if your motherboard has onboard video, if so, then plug in the monitor to it and try that.  I know it souinds stupid but i have seen it done before.

Also your BIOS may be set to boot PCI first, if so try to get your hands on a PCI Vidcrd so you can at leats change the BIOS settings to boot AGP.

Hienrich

487832[/snapback]

y to boot agp?

will someone PLEASE find out what that is, your the third person on this forum I know that has this problem, and never have figured it out.

I had a chaintech Zenith motherboard that did the same thing, what a peice of junk, got an MSI board and it booted up just fine.

487777[/snapback]

Interesting, now that you mentionit I had a Chaintech Zenith do that too! I ended up RAMing it, it should be back next week. I'll let you know what the prob was :)

If you get one single beep when you turn the comp on that means that everything inside is fine, usually anyway.  But my guess is that your vid card has been dislodged from the agp slot.  You should tell us what components you have as well, that will help.  And be more descriptive about the beep.  Does it beep as soon as you turn the comp on? does the power come on and then it beeps a while later?  is it one short beep/long beep/multiple beeps?

The other thing that may have happened is the P4 power connector may havecome out and that will cause only the fans and stuff to work.  But all this guessing is pointless you may as well take it back to the guys that built it and ask them :)

487568[/snapback]

Thats what I was gonna reply, check to see if the video card is an AGP/Onboard or PCI.

I had this problem, but it just turned out to be that my monitor cord was loose, so make sure your monitor screw hasn't fallen off!

If ya know what i mean? (Too early :()