Which Temp Increases Fastest?

So you're about to run a benchmark (superpi, prime), and you got your 3 temperatures right on the screen (sys, pwm, cpu). You start, one temp jumps really quickly, while others are slow and gradual. Can you guess which temp jumps the quickest, and falls the quickest after the load? My guess is CPU, anyone for PWM?

Edited by tytlyf

For some reason my PWM is LOWER than my CPU significantly, in fact not too much above my case temps.  I find the CPU is by FAR the quickest to get hot/cool down.

480621[/snapback]

Your pwm temp might be mixed up with your SYS temp. The pwm temp should be close to your cpu temp, sometimes higher. But it will not increase as fast as the CPU.

PMW is the voltage regulator/mosfet. If you have good case cooling it's not odd for this to be much lower than CPU temp (depending on how CPU temp is reported).

CPU should defiantly show the quickest temp changes.

It depends completely on the type of cooling you have. My video card temperature jumps up the fastest out of everything, then my mobo temp, then my cpu temp last, tied with the psu.

EDIT: I think I just have really good cooling on my cpu or something...becuase this got me interested enough to record times of heatup/cooldown. Running with the tornado at 5 volts, going from idle to 100% load temp. took 5 minutes. Cooldown from load to idle took 40 seconds. This is a Barton running at 2.53 ghz, cooled by an Aerocool DP-102 with a 80 mm tornado running 5 volts.

Edited by Thewacokid