I Did It :d

Heh, finally! I acheived both my goals...albeit by a hair each!. I just benched 3d2k5 with an aiw r350 core @ 501mhz - wanted 500, and 3201 pts - wanted 3200! Lol, every point does count huh?

Pic: 3d2k53aq.jpg

Compare url here

B:)

Very nice man! That puts you at #5 overall in the 9800pro class. Just because you reached your goals don't let that keep you from trying to get more. :)

6th overall, 3rd fm approved - I have to go up to 4th overall now though, that way when Nerm and tbone get theirs up i'll still be top 5 ;). Not bad for air! I have yet to see another aiw anyway near this high besides macci - and i havent sinked the theater chip yet ;). I can push the cpu almost 100mhz more, and hopefully get a couple more core mhz sinking the theater chip, to put me 4th overall...its only about 75 more pts :D .

The mem does not oc well with high core...i'm gonna have to do the volt mod to really push more pts. I can hit 390 mem at like 445 core, but at 500 I had to drop it back to ~375(and it still artifacted some). If I can hit 400 mem with a vmod at high core it would be awesome.

lol @ puck! it may be a little while before tbone and I go for the WR so don't worry too much. ;) .....with a vmod that card looks to have some real potential. What are your temps at 500/375?

lol @ puck! it may be a little while before tbone and I go for the WR so don't worry too much. ;) .....with a vmod that card looks to have some real potential. What are your temps at 500/375?

472290[/snapback]

Hmmm...probably hot? Lol, I have a loose temp probe measuring ambient now, but nothing on the card :) . I'll move it soon though and check temps. Yea, I should get some good scores with higher mem+cpu - maybe ~3300? I am surprised I had to push so many volts to reach 500 when the card was slightly undervolted at stock for an r350 though...it was at 1.65v(maybe all aiws are undervolted for heat issues?), recommended max air is only 1.8 :lol: It was running really high volts for that run - 1.925(!), but I havent tried any higher core then that at those volts to see about where it will actually top out. This is also with that super-horible psu too!. I dont have the cash right now to pick up a 520 powerstream like I want, so I'm gonna wait a bit instead of grabbing another cheap one and ending up with similar problems down the line.

Markie, the keyboard has been pushed back a bit(never got the paint yesterday) Tomorrow i'll get the paint, and post pics by friday the latest :D . It'll be worth it! I love spray painting ;)

puck, that is a good idea to save up and get a good high quality psu and not another cheapo lol. btw, have you seen tbone's review of the 520w powerstream?

http://www.benchaddix.com/reviews/ocz_intro.htm

472297[/snapback]

Yea I saw that one - thats actually what solidified my choice...I was gonna grab a purepower 680 for a bit, then considered the modstream, and even the 600w MGE(I'm cheap!). I then realized i didnt want anymore excuses and holdups, and a good psu will last a real long time so why not make it worth it?

very very nice, you do not see many r360 core over 500mhz on air. I will try and get 3300 with my 9800pro today, I can run 520 core. Before I got 3200 without overclocking my cpu, so all I have to do is post my 9800pro score and your rank will drop. haha

we can have a little bench war.

Edited by tbone2sk

very very nice, you do not see many r360 core over 500mhz on air. I will try and get 3300 with my 9800pro today, I can run 520 core. Before I got 3200 without overclocking my cpu, so all I have to do is post my 9800pro score and your rank will drop. haha

we can have a little bench war.

472308[/snapback]

Lol - you're forcing me to do the vmem mod! My "to-do" list for tomorrow is growing...move temp probe to gpu,buy paint,buy leds, finish keyboard,buy vr, vmem mod graphics card, massacre heatsink, and sink theater chip :lol:

My cpu wasnt overclocked much either - I have another 100mhz+ in there somewhere ;)

Oh, its r350 core card...those aiws sure do get hot though!