The Gamer Hdd

Encrypted_God

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how bout "our savior"

526744[/snapback]

how about everyone stop saying "oh wait til bigred sees this" ... "oh now bigred has spoken so now don't you feel like a noob" ... "i worship bigred's socks" ... bigred this, bigred that...

bigred knows a lot about, and owns a lot of, computer hardware through hard work and years of experience... it's something you should respect silently and not proclaim in an butt-kissing way...

anyway, back on topic... mahtayo, did you raid your raptors yet? would be a good move if you didn't already... :)

i don't see what all the fuss about setting scsi up is either... i've had less problems with scsi (2940UW onboard an Iwill P1 mobo, 29160 PCI card on a few systems) than i've had with sata on my neo2 (r.i.p.)

how about everyone stop saying "oh wait til bigred sees this" ... "oh now bigred has spoken so now don't you feel like a noob" ... "i worship bigred's socks" ... bigred this, bigred that...

bigred knows a lot about, and owns a lot of, computer hardware through hard work and years of experience... it's something you should respect silently and not proclaim in an butt-kissing way...

anyway, back on topic... mahtayo, did you raid your raptors yet? would be a good move if you didn't already... :)

i don't see what all the fuss about setting scsi up is either... i've had less problems with scsi (2940UW onboard an Iwill P1 mobo, 29160 PCI card on a few systems) than i've had with sata on my neo2 (r.i.p.)

547746[/snapback]

Yea man..I raided. Let me say this! It's a whole new world in Raid 0 with two Raptors!! windows boots up under 20 sec's. Playing games is like...well you know, I hope. But anyways, I love it! I guess in the beginning I was afraid of the unknown (RE: setting up the Raid) but actually it's quite easy. Made mistakes, but the important thing was I learned from them. (RE: making sure to hit F6 in the early stages to install them 2 files :) )

547746[/snapback]

its not a crime to kiss anyones butt at least figurativly.

547746[/snapback]

thank you for the whole post there!

BTW guys, for future reference, compairing a 15k Atlas to a Raptor isn't the best of comparisons. the 9700 pro would be the atlas (based on age) in the one I saw. it's more like comparing a muscle car to a ricer. a pure matter of getting what you pay for.

To change the flow a little bit I wanna add a 80Gig IDE Western Digital to my Rig. I was hoping I can use this drive for my Music CD collection (close to 200 CD's to Rip on the Drive). I added it awhile ago but it was included in the Raid 0 and I wasn't sure if it was right so I deleted that paticular drive from the Array. Well.... :huh: I had to re-do the Array. Anyways, Is that the way it goes or is there another way I can do this. Does that question make any sense?

Edited by Mahtayo ThreeEagles

LMAO!!...Good eye hawk-eye....LOL..I didn't think anybody caught that..Yess that is a typo people. That "2" is supposed to be a "5". I use the Keypad when entering #'s

548868[/snapback]

Well, now i really hope you counted wrong!

I boot in average 25s on my samsung 7200k o.O

Well, now i really hope you counted wrong!

I boot in average 25s on my samsung 7200k o.O

548989[/snapback]

Nope..I haven't timed it lately but it is now currently under 50 secs. I know when I first booted up after the Fresh Install it was under 20 seconds. Also be aware that I have stuff that HAS to be booting up with windows like my Z/A Firewall (Suite) and other crap that I wish i could get by but can't. Norton System Works 2005 is the Major one that takes most of the time...