Msi K8n Bios Beep

Specs:

MSI K8N Neo Platinum

Ram: 2x256mb Corsair C2 XMS, 1x512mb Corsair C2 XMS

Vid card: GeForce2

CPU: AMD64 3000+

Well, here's the deal:

I get continual long beeps. The USB diagnostic tool doesn't light up any of the LEDs, so that provides no indication. The ram seems not to be an issue as I have switched and tried with my Ballistix too. I have also switched the BIOS - I have two Phoenix BIOS chips - both produce the same results. I haven't used this board since I got it back from RMA. What the heck could the problem be? CPU dead?

As I said, I've tried multiple assortments of ram: 1 stick, 2 sticks, red stick, blue stick. Well, I've tried my Ballistix and Corsair - both produce the same results. Same beeping with no memory in the slots.

Im getting the same problem, cept for me it when I remove my video card it doesnt beep, stuck a PCI card in and no video :( I dont I have the winchester core, mine was made 2001, I also have the same CPU model :-/

Edited by Sovek

I don't think the CPU is the problem - it used to work without fault on a DFI board even after it had been ripped from the socket. I've unplugged everything but CPU/RAM and I'm still getting the beeps...

Guest Raven65

Do you have the CPU 4 pin power supply plugged in? With the K8n's you need to have it plugged or you will get the beeps. Until I purchased one I never used the 4 pin ps for the cpu now you have to.