Need A New Monitor

Alright everyone, after having a shity 18th birthday I figure I would treat myself to a new monitor(yes posseions due make people happy)lol. The only problem is I am completly lost in this ordel and can't decide on which would be the best one. So if anyone out there has suggestions please let me know, it is going to be for a gaming rig so response time must be low, to avoid ghosting.

---Requirements---

Category: Monitor

Type: LCD

Color: Prefer Black (Unless there is a killer deal in a different color)

Response Time: Less Than 16

Price Tag: Below $350 Please

Edit: Must be an LCD monitor, becuase space is a big issue since I am going off to college!

Edited by CrackHead

In my eyes if you really want a gaming rig go with a CRT... much better if you ask me. I got a samsung syncmaster 997df 19" and its freakin awesome. Your lookin at a 17" monitor if you want an lcd, I would prefer to save $150 and get an extra 2".

Not a bad choice, not familar with that brand and the response time is a little high but other than that not to shaby...The part when it comes to chosing the monitors I think that confuses me the most is I see some that have a better response time,contrast ratio,brightness level, and are respectable high end companys, yet the particular price is lower than one that seems to be of lower quality...why is that? Is it the connections on the monitor and what type should I be looking for? I have a x700pro so I really only need the standard monitor cable correct cuz if I wanted to add anything special I could just do it through my video card or am I completly wrong?

Not a bad choice, not familar with that brand and the response time is a little high but other than that not to shaby...The part when it comes to chosing the monitors I think that confuses me the most is I see some that have a better response time,contrast ratio,brightness level, and are respectable high end companys, yet the particular price is lower than one that seems to be of lower quality...why is that? Is it the connections on the monitor and what type should I be looking for? I have a x700pro so I really only need the standard monitor cable correct cuz if I wanted to add anything special I could just do it through my video card or am I completly wrong?

460143[/snapback]

A little off the mark there my friend. I had that monitor....CRT's don't work that way. That "19 inch" is only 18" viewable. Whip out the measuring tape brother.

Don't worry about CRT. LCD's are just as good for gaming and stuff these days. Although they 'are' more expensive. I would have to recommend Viewsonic cuz they are a great brand, although i think u end up paying for the name too... Do you prefer a certain size? Obviously bigger is better but are you bent on at least 19" or would u be happy w/ less?

Based on what your talking about, here is what i would recommend :)

Obviously bigger is better but are you bent on at least 19" or would u be happy w/ less?

Based on what your talking about, here is what i would recommend

A 17inch is actually what I am looking for, 19 is also acceptable if price isn't too much higher and preformace is same if not better.

Also I was looking at that monitor and was wondering is tehre any real improvent over having Digital DVI-D rather than standard 15-pin D-sub?