To All In Wonder Or Not To All In Wonder

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is my screen of ati tool

460344[/snapback]

Can you take another pic during just "show 3d view"? like the fps and stuff? I dont think its overclocking your card, as 550+mhz is very hard to get...I doubt a 9600xt aiw can reach those speeds, as the aiws tend to get the bottom yeilds of the gpus. If It was at those speeds, your scores are very low...at ~430/385 I get 6856 in 03, and thats with a aiw 9800 pro. Try the orb summary for the card and see what speed its detected as.

**edited**

Oh, if you're looking at the new aiw's, make sure you know that they have digital tuners now. That means bye-bye to console gaming on the computer, as the line-in gets lag as it is converted into digital. I have no idea why...the analog was fine(think they were just tired of all the flak from using the same theater200 chip for a long time). They now lag a bit when u change channels like satellite, and you cant play console games on the input like the analog ones because of button-lag :'(

No one seemed to notice when I told them how well my 9600 AIW pro overclocked. I was easily able to achieve 525/385 from a stock 400/325 without extra cooling. Once I added the vga silencer, I got even higher (530mhz, I think).

And, I got almost 4k in 3dmark 2003.

However, in the future I won't be buying AIW cards, because the extra cost of the TV tuner isn't worth it to me. A smart option is to buy a TV wonder pci card ($50) and have it for the rest of forever. That way you can buy any video card you want, and you only have to pay for a TV tuner once.

Edited by ravix

woops wrong benchmark to link to heres the one it was supposed to be

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3883664

about 4.7k

(this url is broken because i cant publich 2 projects at once let me know if you would like to see it)

i find this odd but i installed omegas drivers(5.2) and got this

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3885832

3.6k????????

now i find this to be a big jump, but its in the WRONG direction what could have made a difference of over 1000 marks, even when im pushing the card FARTHER this dosent make any sense

No, I never got on with Omega drivers either, they always jam me in 800 x 600 for some reason (despite "properties" showing 1024 x 768) and there doesn't seem to be any way out, always kill my benches too...but they work well for some people, just roll back that driver. 4700 does seem absurdly high for any 4 pipe radeon even with A64 chips let alone an old sckt A, what resolution are you running?, if you can get that to stay stable I'd stick with it!

Edit don't answer that, I can see you are running at the default 1024 x 768, good score, post a screenie of it, it's barely beleivable!

Edited by guzzidom

• 2 weeks later...