Need A New Hs

CompXT

I have a Hyper 6 right now that doesn't really do much better than my Aeroflow. I've tried re-seating it several times but it always ends up at the same 41* Idle. I plan on changing to a HTPC Case soon and need some suggestions on a good cooler that isn't so dang tall.

You are running a Prescott core. Don't expect it to get much cooler then what it runs at right now.

yeah.. and be grateful man :P even though the Hyper 6 is heavy, it isnt that dang tall or big :P unlike some of the newer heatsink that just came into the market

what's the load temps? idle temps isnt really a good gauge for a heatsink, IMO.. besides mobo sensors aint that accurate anyway :P

That's not bad at all for a Pressie. But, like was mentioned don't trust the mobo sensors. If I remember correctly, Asus boards tend to read high.

A 10C increase from idle to load is pretty good on an air cooled setup. Try lapping it, that will bring your temps down some. Also, I would recommend using a thermal probe. You can get them for around $30.

That's not bad at all for a Pressie. But, like was mentioned don't trust the mobo sensors. If I remember correctly, Asus boards tend to read high.

A 10C increase from idle to load is pretty good on an air cooled setup. Try lapping it, that will bring your temps down some. Also, I would recommend using a thermal probe. You can get them for around $30.

439479[/snapback]

Ya i have a Asus board also and it runs some what hot. From my knowledge the Hyper 6 is a good bet