Holy O-m-f-g!

HoLoDreaM

For some strange reason Thermaltake reminds me of the APC company for car aftermarket parts...some thing are pretty good, but others are like...why??? I do not hold any prefrence for cooling companies though...I'll by whatever works best, no matter who makes it. And not all thermaltake products suck...I liked the thermaltake silentboost on my old socket A rig, and I just bought the xp-90 before i saw the Big Typhoon for 939...I would have gotten that instead :D(I can imagine a nice high cfm delta sitting on that thing :drool:). Hidden in between the tacky low perfornace products they have some decent things...and I'm sure if their Big Typhoon or next heat sink performs better then the xp-120's even the tt bashers would still get them...if not then thats just foolish :P

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the day a thermaltake product beats a thermalright product of the same type heatsink (ie, not Al vs Cu, not heatpipes vs not) is the day i actually get some lettuce, tomato, mayo, relish, bread, and my own unwashed socks and have myself a sock sandwich

the day a thermaltake product beats a thermalright product of the same type heatsink (ie, not Al vs Cu, not heatpipes vs not) is the day i actually get some lettuce, tomato, mayo, relish, bread, and my own unwashed socks and have myself a sock sandwich

435585[/snapback]

^ Lol, i'm gonna hold ya to that hardnrg :lol: ...They used to be a great company, maybe if they stop caring about tacky looks to please 12 year olds, they can make another great product(I still have my eye on the big typhoon). And if the day does come, I want pics of that delicious sock-burger ;)

- Puck, no heatsink's fanboy(no pun intended)

hahaha hell if that happens...i dont really mind actually if Thermaltake products overperform Thermalright product...why? cos Thermalright product is soo hard to come by at my place as compared to Thermaltake :)

435788[/snapback]

*nod* I dont care WHO makes the heatsink, as long as its better then the others ;). If M$ themselves come out with some super-uber-1337-copper-heatpipe-magic heatsink, I'd bite my lip and buy it :D

We need one of two things:

1. Heatsink companies need to find new technologies besides large size and a bunch of heatpipes in order to dissipate heat more effectively. Either this, or somehow make liquid cooling easy enough for even the most amateur user to stick into his rig.

2. Processor companies need to figure out ways to make processors MUCH cooler than they currently are. Nothing is impossible, and we all know these companies know full well how to do it. They're just lazy and care too much about their bottom line to actually do it. Plus, like 90% of the computer users out there don't care enough about their temps, so it's not likely to happen.

Until people start complaining about the fact that their computer can heat up their entire house or that they're getting too loud, companies like Intel and AMD aren't going to take radical measures to solve this problem. Unless it's going to cost MASSIVE amounts of money to solve this on the micro level, it's up to the cooling companies to make things easier and cheaper on the liquid front.

Been noticing that TT ideas are have the most quite coolers maybe thats a way how they can make money.

TT came out with a lot of new stuff.

Like this water cooler.

http://www.thermaltake.com/watercooling/cl...et/cl-w0011.htm

437169[/snapback]

looks like a knock off of the zalman reserator 1

ot, man it is friggen pooring outside, the breeze coming into my room is dropping my temps LOL