1 Hour Increase In Time Per Frame

Dimonicka

Last night my girlfriend's XP2000+ shut-down while she was using word and listening to mediaplayer, After she re-started it EMIII showed it was running frames at 1 hr 57 min when it had previously been running at 55 min per.

Machine is my old parts: CPU is at stock, Mobo is Shuttle MK32N, ram is like 500MB +, Vid is MX440se, everything is runninng at stock w a 120 mm fan front and an 80 mm out the back. It's been awhile since I've been inside it but I seem to remember a 100GB and 60 GB drive. Obviously it's time for a checkup.

Any Ideas bout why the frames are taking so much longer?

Last night my girlfriend's XP2000+ shut-down while she was using word and listening to mediaplayer, After she re-started it EMIII showed it was running frames at 1 hr 57 min when it had previously been running at 55 min per. 

Machine is my old parts: CPU is at stock, Mobo is Shuttle MK32N, ram is like 500MB +, Vid is MX440se, everything is runninng at stock w a 120 mm fan front and an 80 mm out the back. It's been awhile since I've been inside it but I seem to remember a 100GB and  60 GB drive.  Obviously it's time for a checkup.

Any Ideas bout why the frames are taking so much longer?

428827[/snapback]

The folding client likely saw the shut down as related to processor instability. Once it restarted it probably turned off the highly optimized code, causing a major increase in frame/step times. You can verify this by closing down folding and restarting it using the -forceasm flag or by looking in your log file at the point it restarted. The log file should say something about turning off or disabling the optimized code.