Thermaltake Silent Tower

liamstears

I just fitted my thermaltake silent tower and I had a temp drop of 10*C and I havent used arctic silver 5 yet as im waiting for it. Is that a good drop or what? arctic silver 5 claim to drop at least another 2*C and a maximum of 10*C so ive still got some temp dropping to do.

Ive got a problem.

I want to add another fan to my thermaltake silent tower but I havent got the right screws. I need some sort of long screw which you can see on the thermaltake website here. what are them screws? where can i get them? please help me guys

they are posi-pan screws. the idea is that they grip between the heat sink fins, but, they are very narrow. you'll need a screw that has a standard diameter shank to hold the fan, but with narrower thread to bite the fins.

hey what tempsa are you getting with that heatsink anyways I noticed you said 10c drop but what was it before load...idle?

428768[/snapback]

my idle temps are 33*C and use to be 42-43*C

they are posi-pan screws. the idea is that they grip between the heat sink fins, but, they are very narrow. you'll need a screw that has a standard diameter shank to hold the fan, but with narrower thread to bite the fins.

428768[/snapback]

The screws dont go in the fins they go into holes on the blue bit surrounding the fins.#

i believe they are M3 screws with a thread pitch identical to the ones used for fixing optical/floppy drives to drive cages...

so just get M3 x 30mm probably...

428768[/snapback]

Your definitely right so I'm going to go down to my local hardware store and pick up some of them and 25mm ones as I'm not sure on size.

Thanks a lot everyone especially to hardnrg as he is right.

Edited by liamstears