Boot Problems Since Xp Install

bishop245

any ideas why xp wont load it is a fresh install on a new wd400 7200rpm drive it worked fine wehen my cousin and i got it all installed at his house and his machine but it wont load now that i put it in my comp :angry:

any ideas why xp wont load it is a fresh install on a new wd400 7200rpm drive it worked fine wehen my cousin and i got it all installed at his house and his machine but it wont load now that i put it in my comp :angry:

bud, u cant do that

windows will NOT work if u install it on another computer than take out that drive and put it in another computer.

it will simply will not work.

when i changed my mobo. i asked around bout if i need to format when changin' board people said no. so i didnt bother backin' up my stuff went changed mobos and guess wat. windows wont work. it didnt install for that system but for another.

as with u. u need to install it from the system its goin' to stay on.

just keep reinstalling. I kept on having errors and stuff when I was installing windows xp, I thought it was my mobo but as it turns out I just needed to keep installing it until it caught on. Xp is dumb like htat

I've never had a problem like that. The times that I have installed any

version of Windows on another machine and took the hdd to another

it would start up and i would have to reinstall all of the drivers. And that

was it.

And what errors were you getting when installing XP?

Justin