Soundcard Installation Lokcs Up The System

KingstonRock

Hey,

I'm trying to install my soundcard on the computer I built for multi-track recording. This system is sick A7M266-D with dual 2400+ (xp pro), but just as the driver is installing the system locks up. What kind of problem does this sound like, I just assembled the system for audio and now the soundcard doesnt work! :angry:

Does anybody know what kinda problem this is, IRQ conflict? Or does it sound like I'm screwed?

thanks.

Eric

Have you tried installing again? I would try again. Also what kind of card is it? Have you tried reading the faq on their website? You will probably get it working don't worry. Try also turning off the comp. pulling the card and restarting, then turning it off again and putting the card in again. Then try installing the drivers again. Also maybe you need to download the newest? Don't really know if you tried any of these just threw em out there.

its a MOTU PCI-324. Yeah, i tried the installation a couple of times, I've even got it down to what the setup is up to when it freezes.

ks.sys

Whatever that is :D , the company's tech support is pretty terrible. I was hoping this was an obvious sign of a specific problem, HA. If I wanted that I shoulda got a dell, lol

Im stuck until monday when I can call tech support, they never reply to emails :(

That was going to be my suggestion. I've come upon success by changing the sound card to an alternate PCI slot. If that doesn't work try [as mentioned before] downloading the latest BIOS for your board. Worse comes to wosre, try another card.