Car Audio

Vampire

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right now all my stuff is in my garage as i sold my truck but when i get another car/truck it will have a sony headunit i cant remember the model it was broken so i gave it to the tech class at the local votec school to fix for me my aunt runs the school lol so it will only cost maybe $10 to get fixed

plus i have a sony xm404eqx amp 30350_1_full.jpg

and 4 rockford phosgate z series 12's

my infinity and kenwood mids went bye bye with my truck

but doesnt circut city have like 12" subs ? where do u guys buy your gear?

409868[/snapback]

just because circuit city sells 12" subs doesn't mean they're good. Walmart sells computers...are they good?

I'm not sure whether to have a single 12" high wattage/cost sub or 2 x 12" subs, lower wattage and cheaper. I dont know what would sound better, I assume the more expensive single one would be better, but is 2 subs really that much better?

I think the general consensus is that, with the right funding, a single powerful sub will sound better than dual subs. However, I think that with a normal persons budget it depends on your goal. If you are going for decibels, you should get two and utilize the increased surface area of the cones. If you are going for SQ, then you should buy one nice sub.