Modding Update

I dunno maybe this is a stupid question.....but I really liked the way the rad looked fitted to the front of the case.  Why did'nt you mount the fans so that the air was pulled through the rad instead of pushed through?  With the fans mounted on the back of the rad you would also have the option to vent the hot air from the fans out the side of the case...just a suggestion.  Looks good anyway nice job.

405711[/snapback]

That would have been ideal, but I was limited by the tubing setup below the computer.

post-70978-1267992876_thumb.jpg

As you can see, I needed a couple of inches to get the tubing to the right spot in front of the case without kinking the tubing. I experimented with elbow joints, but they didn't give me the room I needed. It just so happened that the fans fit perfect in that gap with 1-2cm for shroud space. I hear that pushing is less ideal than pulling air, but I've also heard its negligable, at most.

Man, now you guys are gonna make me spend extra money and time painting the inside of my case. ;) Thanks fo rthe suggestion.

Edited by ravix

That would have been ideal, but I was limited by the tubing setup below the computer.

post-70978-1267992876_thumb.jpg

As you can see, I needed a couple of inches to get the tubing to the right spot in front of the case without kinking the tubing. I experimented with elbow joints, but they didn't give me the room I needed. It just so happened that the fans fit perfect in that gap with 1-2cm for shroud space. I hear that pushing is less ideal than pulling air, but I've also heard its negligable, at most.

Man, now you guys are gonna make me spend extra money and time painting the inside of my case. ;) Thanks fo rthe suggestion.

405760[/snapback]

Yea I see what you mean...so after this next stupid question you're gonna hate me.

Why did'nt you just turn the rad around and run the tubing back under the case and up through the middle and avoid all the extra plumbing.

I don't think I understand what you are suggesting. If it clears anything up, I wanted the tubing to be visible in the front, that was a goal I had to begin with. I think it will be cool to see the water-filled tubes from the outside of the case.

lol! remember ravix, that was the same thing i asked you :P

hey i got those screenshots of my interior if you want to see em,

im sure you can do a better job then me, so dont put everything in the case just yet! lol paint that sucker first

ill send em if you stop ditching class lol!!!

I don't think I understand what you are suggesting. If it clears anything up, I wanted the tubing to be visible in the front, that was a goal I had to begin with. I think it will be cool to see the water-filled tubes from the outside of the case.

406088[/snapback]

Well I guess that explains it. The tubes up front look good, nice job B)

You guys are amazing. I took your advice and painted the chasis of the case, and well.. I'll let a picture do the talking...

post-70957-1271052828_thumb.jpg

Once again, thanks for the great advice, and I'll keep you posted with my progress. I am currently spending all my free time (very little of it) sleeving my psu.

*stoked*