Volcano 7+ Install Question

roguedog

Hey all,

Go ta TT Volcano 7+ and have seated in on the CPU. There is one yellow wire that goes to the mobo and then a pair of red and black wires which hook up to the fan speed controller which then plugs into a power plug.

But off the connector fron teh red and black wire into the fan speed controler is another yellow wire with a brown head... where the heck does that plug into? TT's site says nothing about this wire.

I'd read on newegg that couple of folks have acciendtally fired something by some confusion in wiring so I'm hesitant to boot up new system until I hear from a veteran out there :)

Many thanks,

rd

ok, i had one and it just plugs into another three pin connector, if you want to monitor your rpm's of the fan.... Personally i just cut mine off and said no need to monitor fan speed, but if your into that kind of stuff just find a open three prong connector and plug it in..... it will show up in your bios and any other monitoring software that you have. the fan settings are 1500rpms 3500rpms and 6000rpms i just always ran it on 6000, a bit loud but very effective cooling

i know what your talking about. theres a 3-pin connector comming from the HSF with a single wire for rpm monitoring, but then there another with one wire for rpm monitoring comming from the 3-pin connector of the speed selector switch. i just left it unplugged, it seems to be vesidual.