What Do You Run In The 1/4

lethal93ta

my best so far was a 12.26 @ 115 MPH very traction limited sence I have street tires no slicks, Im now building a 383 stroker adn im going to be running 15 lbs of boost on it, should be about 600-650 HP and push me into the low 10s. hers some pics of my car,

69529965VijqXB_ph.jpg

menick.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know lethal93ta, the Trans Am has been my dream car for a long while, if you ever plan to move on to a different car, just lemme know ;):P

NOTE: Ever since Pontiac decided to end the Trans Am legacy, my favorite car (not my dream car, just one I want to get some day in the near future) has been the Mazda RX8...

I have no plans on ever getting rid of my car, I have more money into all the mods than its worth, its purty much going to be an all out drag car now, Im still going to have it street legal, but its not going to be on the street much, its not real fun to drive on the street with the rollbar and all that in there now. I only put 5000 miles on it in the past 2 years, and its going to be sitting the next year while I build the new motor and trans for it.

Okay I just had a BIIIIIIIIIIIIG problem... In a nut shell I'm afraid I did a bit of damage to my transmission.

Basically,my ABS wasn't slowing down the car while I was skidding on the ice, 20 feet from a major intersection while doing 30mph. It made me think too quickly and *I accidentally threw the car from drive to park* instead of to 1st gear while it was rolling... This car is an AUTOMATIC and I heard a clicking sound/low rumble coming from the car and it didn't even slow me down... Miracle of miracles, the closest car was a block away and I had enough time to get to the next street... What damage did I do to the engine/tranny?

I'm getting the brake pads changed this weekend. I'm just happy that I'm able to type this message at the moment :wacko:

when you put a transmission into park while moving it normally brakes the parking paw off inside and park dont work, does it still work OK? sometimes people will get lucky and not do anything to them when that happens, it wouldnt do anything to the motor,

as far as what im doing with my LT1 thats the one im rebuilding to a 383 my motor has been out for almost 6 months now, im just trying to get money for all the parts for it.