Post Your Eq Settings

ravix

well, it is! otherwise cd's would come pre-recorded in that way or have "recommended equalizer settings" bands record music the way it should be heard. eq settings are for ppl who want a different sound from the 'proper' sound. i love my music. nothing beats a good set of speakers, a high VBR and a quality amplifier.....ahh......

still, gotta make do with the Yamaha's until then... ;) they do rock the whole house though :D

I use the Heavy Metal preset in the Audigy controls for general use; it does pretty good for movies. I use a custom EQ in Winamp to further tweak the sound for music; that setting I use to correct for my speakers' natural response curve.

Despite the flatness it's still some quality music and I would hate to mess about with it's ancient soundingness :)

Yeah, I hear that. If it's Blues, Jazz, or Country, my EQ tends to get flattened out a little bit. The whole purpose of EQ IMO is to deal with the fact that all speakers sound a little different. Also, I think I'm a little bit deaf from too many years of standing next to really loud guitar amplifiers.