Down To 52*c, Gotta Cool More

Slyder42

did you use primer before the silver?

No I didn't use any primer. It is model paint. I assume it would stick to almost any type of plastic. Especially drive bezels. The plastic is very similar to airplane model plastic. I didn't have the money when buying the paint.

I also recently ordered a new HSF from eBay! it looks nice... though relatively cheap... It looks nice. I will be replacing its "weak" fan with my Thermaltake Smart Case Fan II for MORE COOLING POWER!!!...

the link to this auction is here... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=6732357236

There are PLEANTY of them left... I will review this HSF and let you guys know how it works out.

I see lots of ridges... I plan on doing lapping on the surface to make it shinier!

what the hell did you cut the blowhole with a grenade?

OHH MY GOD. WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?. sorry man but that looks like crap. you should sand the whole thing down and bondo around that hole. then sand and repaint. good effort though.

No I didn't use any primer. It is model paint. I assume it would stick to almost any type of plastic. Especially drive bezels. The plastic is very similar to airplane model plastic. I didn't have the money when buying the paint.

I also recently ordered a new HSF from eBay! it looks nice... though relatively cheap... It looks nice. I will be replacing its "weak" fan with my Thermaltake Smart Case Fan II for MORE COOLING POWER!!!...

the link to this auction is here... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=6732357236

There are PLEANTY of them left... I will review this HSF and let you guys know how it works out.

I see lots of ridges... I plan on doing lapping on the surface to make it shinier!

personally dude, that HS looks like a rebadged stock heatsink <_<

ok, next time, if you have some money, get hold of some Plasti-kote Metallic Silver paint... it's designed to be used without primer and actually dyes the plastic - it seeps into the plastic - and is easily applied as it's a spray paint...

just watch out for the fumes because they are especially toxic... :ph34r:

ok, next time, if you have some money, get hold of some Plasti-kote Metallic Silver paint... it's designed to be used without primer and actually dyes the plastic - it seeps into the plastic - and is easily applied as it's a spray paint...

just watch out for the fumes because they are especially toxic... :ph34r:

Ah ha!!!!! I was in need of that stuff. I'd heard of it but didn't know if we could get it over here in the UK? I don't seem to remember finding anything available in the UK that does the whole plastic seep thing? Know where I can get some?

52 ambent or cpu?  air conditioning?

382996[/snapback]

I hadn't been able to find an extention cable for the thermal sensor that comes with the Thermaltake Smart Case Fan II. It has skinny wires that fit between the pins of the processor so I can mount it "under" the die on the bottom... That would've given me the best reading... UNFORTUNATELY... haven't found one in a retail store, therefore I had to ghetto rig a thermal sensor on the side of the heatsink using electrical tape.... It has since fallen off and that temp ended up being ambient.

My computer NOW doesn't work...

I switched out the rear 80mm Smart Case Fan II with a 92mm Papst fan. I removed the Tt fan for placement on my new HSF coming in the mail.

With everything running... appeared to be running smoothly... I went to bed happy that it was working...

I woke up and it was silent. It wouldn't turn on.

The PS in my case at the time when the power button was pressed, the blue fan on the side glowed blue, fan spun (all this for about 1/2 second) and stopped. Flipped switch on back of PS to turn it off.. turned it back on a minute later... Same thing.

Switched out power supply to test to see what was working... Got out my Antec TruePower 300W PS.

Nothing.

Was I running too much stuff?

Now nothing will power up at all... Every necessary plug is firmly seated and PS is ON and plugged in.