Lcd Wiring

Alright my LCD finally arrived today. I was looking at that guide and it mentions 3 earth wires. Now, I have a molex I have chopped the end of, so I can use 5v from that for the power and it has 2 black wires which are earth, I presume. So my question (at the moment) is... can I use these two earth wires and then like.. solder a wire on the LCD connecting the left over earth point to another earth point hole thing? Will that work?

Besides that, I don't have a clue what the backlight A/K holes need... aaand my parallel cable wire colours are different, but it has numbers... so I will just do it by numbers and hope this isn't some strange parallel cable with everything mixed up :D

ok ta. where do i get another 5v from :blink: i already soldered the read wire from the molex to pin hole 2, to power the display! can i just solder it to that? will i need resistors or anything?

EDIT: Oh, and the tutorial (from the person who recently did this mod thing) shows 14 pins. I have 16 pins + A/K.. so 18 pins :blink: what am I meant to do with pins 15/16 (not A/K)? Just leave them?

EDIT: Ok ignore me, just found the spec sheet and it says pins 15 and 16 are the A/K ones. No idea what the pins on the side of the board labelled A and K are for then, just noticed the holes are half covered by the display anyway, so can't solder anything on there :)

Another question for you. Is Araldite conductive? Can't find anything that says it is, but I can't find anything that says it isn't either. I need some sorta glue to put around the wires just to make sure they dont touch (and don't come out?! one of the parallel lead wires already broke off the dang thing :angry: ). The only glue we have in the house is Araldite... Dad suggested candlewax but hmm.. I can imagine that coming off/wearing away easily.

Just tap the 5 volts off of that. No resistor should be necessary.

Can't say I ever heard of Araldite, but I doubt it would be conductive. You can just use hot glue too.

My display (just got it in the mail today!) has 14 pins, and the A and K solder pads off to the side.