Red And Blue Specks In Divx Files

Just so you know, it is not illegal to make copies of copyrighted material. it is only illegal to distribute it. there's nothing wrong w/ making backups of your own DVD's and stuff. I don't know if that's what was going on here but lets not jump to conclusions...

wasnt jumping to conclusion. The situation is rissolved now :)

Have you tried uninstalling the current divx codec and installing a different divx codec?

if you own an *original* dvd, ripping to divx YOURSELF is not illegal ;)

(at least not in my country!)

hiph0pan0nym0usx - try the k-lite codec pack - it installs the codec but not the prog ;) it also gives you a whole wad of really useful bits. you might find it on a client like BT/limewire. all LEGAL codecs too.

I used to have lots of problems with getting movies with all those weird codecs in them to play correctly, so after MANY MANY hours of forum crawling I put together a little list of exactly what you ned to play everything and what order to install it in. Sometimes having too many codecs will bug up your playback like you're getting, so i'd say try installing these bare bones codecs first. If it doesn't work, you might have to delete all those redundant codecs you have sitting in your system32 folder and then install the ones you need. I honestly cannon remember where I found these, but they were all VERY easy to google. Some of the versions I used when I wrote this are out of date, but it is important to find the old divx 3.11 and 4.02 codecs.

-Start by installing divx 3.11alpha by running the program Register_DivX.exe

-Install divx_audio_402 by running register.exe. It'll ask you if you want to play divx 3 content with divx 4, say yes.

-Run DivX511.exe

-Run XviD-1.0.2-29082004.exe

-Open the LAME Acm Codec folder, right click on LameACM.inf, select 'install'.

-Run DVobSub_2.22.exe

-Run ffdshow-20040520.exe

-Run OggDS0995.exe

-Run SubTitDS1400.exe

-Run 3ivx_d4_451_win.exe

If it asks you for an install directory, just use the default one.

When it gives you warnings about installing stuff, just click 'proceed with installation'.