My Documents Locked ? :(

LoArmistead

well when i had that folder on my old hard drive with XP, I had my user account passworded. So i guess when i transfered the folder to my secondary hard drive and uninstalled the XP that the folder was originally at, it made it unhappy. So now I cant access it, move it, rename it, share it, or delete it.

Edited by LoArmistead

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well when i had that folder on my old hard drive with XP, I had my user account passworded. So i guess when i transfered the folder to my secondary hard drive and uninstalled the XP that the folder was originally at, it made it unhappy. So now I cant access it, move it, rename it, share it, or delete it.

well....sounds like there is nothing you can do.

just reformat that 120gb (or whichever one that the screwed folder is on) and get on with yer life :lol:

you have to take ownership of it... go to the security tab under folder properties click advanced than hit the ownership tab... selest your user, check off the box that says apply for subfolders and hit ok there and than Apply it... after that you can change the permisions as normal... you jaust have to be loged in with admin powers to do this though...

Explain this process :D

type copy then type your directory you want to copy example "C:\mt document\XXX\password" (just take out the Quotes" and then type where you want to copy it to and wait a bit then restart and you should find the new folder in your new directory

you have to take ownership of it... go to the security tab under folder properties click advanced than hit the ownership tab... selest your user, check off the box that says apply for subfolders and hit ok there and than Apply it... after that you can change the permisions as normal... you jaust have to be loged in with admin powers to do this though...

DUFF MAN you are a life saver, it works! Thanks