My Documents Locked ? :(

LoArmistead

Well, where to begin... I had a 200GB Hard drive with Windows Xp Pro on it. I was going to format the hard drive and reinstall XP pro so i sent th "My Documents" folder over to my slave 120GB hard drive. I forgot that I had my master account passworded. Sooo I transferd My Documents to my slave HDD and reinstalled XP Pro on my master. After I installed Xp Pro i went to transfer 'My Documents' from the slav back to the master and i couldnt open move it.... so i tried to open them...and I couldnt open it.... then i tried to delete it, and i couldnt delete it.... I guess this is because i had it passworded and now nothing is passworded....so how can I either A. find a way to access this folder, it has 15gigs of documents i ncluding game files, etc.., or B. Delete it, 15 gigs of unused, unaccessbile documents really sucks. Any kind of help would be nice. I know there has to be some way to gain access to that folder, i tried going into safe mode as the Administrator but I still couldnt do anything to the folder. :bah:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no it just tells me "C:\Documents and Settings\NameHere is not accessible. Access is Denied." And under properties it says the folder has 0bytes of info....but i know sure as hell it has 15gigs because it had 15 gigs when i put it in there, plus my completely formatted 120Gig with almost nothing on it has 15 gigs used and idk where its coming from ;)

Edited by LoArmistead

well, i guess i got you confused lol. I had it on my 200gig master HDD. I sent it to my 120gig slave HDD so that i could use it after i formatted the 200 master HDD. Now the 200 master HDD is formatted, and I am going to the 120 Slave HDD and it wont let me access the documents that I moved from the master to the slave to begin with

Happened to me and my friends heaps of times. Easy fix, just SHARE THE FOLDER, then it should be accessible to all users. I cant remember if you need to do this in safe mode or not, try both.

Good luck dude.

I have a really dumb question, what in the **** would you ever need 200 GB and 120 GB for? i mean im only using 21 gb outt 76 and I do alot and use a ton for music.

I have a really dumb question, what in the **** would you ever need 200 GB and 120 GB for? i mean im only using 21 gb outt 76 and I do alot and use a ton for music.

I've got about 6GB worth of Digital Photos, then about 20GBs worth of Downloaded music/movies. Then I've got about 30GB worth of games. And then, on top of that, my brother has about 30GB of god only knows what in his folder (Probably Downloaded pr0n)

Adds up pretty quickly, especially if you're not the only one using the computer.