Help With Putting Together New Comp Part 2

lost

so thanks to all the people that helped me putting my comp together, but not being able to find the bracket for the heatsink/fan is craping me over.

are there any heatsinks/fans out there that come with the bracket for the mobo?

or any ideas on what mobo i should buy? something around 100

A quick forum search found your original thread ;)

Okay, you still have the A64/Aopen AK89 MAX combo?

It's a socket 754... is this the missing part?

A64%20clip.JPG

Can you obtain a new one by contacting the vendors/manufacturer, and explaining that it wasn't in the m/board bundle?

Or here's a thought... buy one ;) @ Computer Geeks.com for $3.75 :D

Can you obtain a new one by contacting the vendors/manufacturer, and explaining that it wasn't in the m/board bundle?

I wrote to AOpen and asked them for a new bracket to see what they would say and they basically blew me off. BTW- nice find there Taz (heard an ad on the radio the other day for a place called PCRetro - made me think of you :lol: )

(heard an ad on the radio the other day for a place called PCRetro - made me think of you :lol: )

Thanks I'd love to open my own computer retail store... I go into these places (locally) asking for stuff, and they're like "no mate, they don't make/sell stuff like that..." :blink:

Aopen blew you off... what kind of customer service is that? :huh: least they could do is say, buy it direct from them for cost ;)IMHO

:google:the search engine of choice :P

A quick forum search found your original thread ;)

Okay, you still have the A64/Aopen AK89 MAX combo?

It's a socket 754... is this the missing part?

A64%20clip.JPG

Or here's a thought... buy one ;) @ Computer Geeks.com for $3.75 :D

omg u rock! where were u many days ago! haha. gah of all the sites i never botherd to look at computer geeks. i tired like every mod site ic ould think of, but they only had for p4s. horrah!!

that saves soo much. gah if ony overnight shipping wasn't so much

and yea Nemo, i tried getting in touch with aopen as well. and it was like "well yea ur craped go screw urself, we wont help u with anything ######!" well they didn't say that, but they should have, worst customer support everr

omg u rock! where were u many days ago! haha.

You're welcome... but all I did was a little :google: with the details socket 754 heatsink retention bracket :lol:

I wont be purchasing/recomending Aopen then :blink: what scuz's :angry:

You're welcome... but all I did was a little :google: with the details socket 754 heatsink retention bracket :lol:

I wont be purchasing/recomending Aopen then :blink: what scuz's :angry:

yea dont... aopen seems to have crappy cus support.

haha yea i tried to google for it

but i was googling for amd bracket or amd fan heatsink mount