Thermometer Question

rbrugman

Hello,

I am new to the gaming PC community. I was wondering where the correct placement for my two thermometers is. One is connected to a temperature readout on the front of my case and the other plugs into the motherboard. Where should I put these?

Also, an unrelated question. I got dual serial ATA hard drives and have them plugged in to serial ata ports on my motherboard. Do SATA drives need jumpers?

Thanks,

Robert

Your first question I think that you put the temp sensor under the cpu (Were there are not pins) usually those senors come with small tape to keep the sensor on. I am not sure about your second question.

about your Sensor. Put them as close as you can to the CPU. But not on the CPU. Because the heat tranfer would be bad. =p So take ur heatsink out, put a tape Near the CPU socket. tape it there. put it back on. And there you go. But if you want good result. I think your MOBO has a TEMP program or something.

SATA i think they don't have jumpers... but why dont you check on google. If they have one. I think it works the same way as IDE. (Still a NOOB =]) some1 will answer ur SATA ques.