Help With Network Problem Please

VDPD2005

I had a network that was running fine... then all of a sudden they stop seeing eachother. They're both connected to a router and can both access the internet. They both have norton running on them, but I set the firewall to trust the IP address of the other computer. So now when ever I go to "My Network Places" on either computer nothing but that computers shared folders show up, not the other computers files. Can anybody help please?

One is XP Pro, the other XP Home. As for any programs installed. I installed Bittorent around the time this happened. Also I tried to install drivers for my MP3 player, but it had problems installing. Don't think that could have caused it though. And as for uninstalled programs, I don't know. If I have they weren't big programs but probably small ones I've downloaded. And yes they're all on the same workgroup "Home," I always just took off the "MS" when running the set up a home netowrk wizard.

Edited by VDPD2005

Are all of the computers connected to the same "workgroup"  That could be the problem if its winxp.

did you read this guys post? This might be the problem. or maybe you should check to see if both of you are running static or dynamic ips?

Edited by Shaggy

well....you said you set your firwalls to except the IPs.....are your IPs static? or assigned by the routers DHCP???? if its assigned IPs that would prolly def. be the problem....IPs could have changed and your firewall is accepting IPs to walk in and out....but there are no computers under that IP

well....you said you set your firwalls to except the IPs.....are your IPs static? or assigned by the routers DHCP???? if its assigned IPs that would prolly def. be the problem....IPs could have changed and your firewall is accepting IPs to walk in and out....but there are no computers under that IP

ahh that sounds like a very good possibility to me