Slk-948u Vs Thermalright Xp-90

slapnuts

But 119CFM that is a lot of air flow. might drop it 5-10 degress.

Your saying that a 119cfm fan will have 5-10 degrees difference from ? the 79.14 cfm fan on the other page? because thats just not possible, but you might have a a5-10 degrees difference if you were comparing the 119 cfm fan to likea 20- maybe 30 cfm fan/.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my point exactly......i mean sometimes you just cant attain any lower temps even if you blow 200cfm worth of air through it...why? cos heatsinks really on ambient air temperatures...lol i rather aim at lowering my room temp and just blow 79 cfm worth of air into a heatsink than having 119 cfm worth of air screaming in my case :P

furthermore i believe, 79 cfm is actually quite alot for a 120mm fan...god if you have it blowing 119 cfm...your whole case would be vibrating and ...LOL hahaha maybe even blow off a few capacitors on the mobo..hehe

exactly! ^ :)

just lower your ambient! (im usually at 18) but some heatsinks have fins packt so tightly together (not thermalright ones!) that a frigan insane fan is needed to be able to push the air through them (specifically those POS's Tt heatsinks)

god if you have it blowing 119 cfm...your whole case would be vibrating and ...LOL hahaha maybe even blow off a few capacitors on the mobo..hehe

what the heck are you talking about, my case isnt vibrating, and my mobo still has all the caps.

Edit: I'm also thinking of getting another tornado

Edited by Noxious4

It is over kill if you don t overclock your cpu but if you do overclock you need as much air as you can get to cool down that cpu. But the dust that much air that much dust. You would have to clean it consitally. My tt volcano 9 has to be cleaned every 2-3 weeks or the cpu temps go up by 5 degress.

Xp-120 is for 120mm fans and what I have seen 120mm fans get up to around 100cfm little higher. But the tornado blows (119cfm) the best and they only make them in 92mm is the biggest is what they make. Xp-120 is more for quite cooling also the Xp-120 does not fit on all motheboards this is why some people don t buy it.

It is over kill if you don t overclock your cpu

:blink: ...

even if you OC, you do not need that kinda fan! (though it does have its advantages) and when you say its overkill if you dont oc? well hmmmmmm what about those I taniums? (not really the best example :P) a tornado.. or even 10 of em will NEVER be enough.

but the point is, a tornado is not needed, and you WILL NOT see a 5-10 degree drop if your using a tornado, maybe if you were compring it with a like 20-30cfm fan, but with proper air flow and a proper heatsink (meaning not a Tt heatsink :P) a tornado in most cases is not worth the noise for the airflow, well unless you realy really like the noise =)

I don t use a tornado. I use TT venous 12 in my new one and TT volcano 12 in my old computer works fine keeps my cpu at 90F-100F (low 100s). I usally spend around 30.00 dollars for cpu cooling I know need it not an overclocker. So when I get a new computer and someones eles take my old one they won t complian the cpu burns out.