Formatting From Linux

pi-dickens_project

Ive got a friend that installed Linux (Fedora) and now he wants to be rid of that and install WinXP Pro. However, when we put the Pro disk in the drive... it get to the "checking system hardware.." then the screen blacks out and nothing happens.

Is there any other way to remove linux from the computer... or might there be a problem with teh XP Pro disk?

How long did you leave it? I think it's normal for the screen to go blank for a minute or something during the detecting hardware thing... all my computers do it.

Keep hitting numlock or something, does the light stop twiddling? That's how I usually check if my computer's locked up or not :)

How long did you leave it? I think it's normal for the screen to go blank for a minute or something during the detecting hardware thing... all my computers do it.

Keep hitting numlock or something, does the light stop twiddling? That's how I usually check if my computer's locked up or not :)

Yeah, it's totally normal, the screen goes blank when it's testing your video hardware (moitor settings, and video card etc...)

give it some time... Otherwise. Try to re-install Fedora, and simply use the partitioning tool in the installer to remove all the linux partitions and format as FAT32 if that's possible

ok, I will try FAT32... but we I did try installing Fedora again and again... 4 times actually. Nothing. When i try to install Win XP Pro, everything goes fine untill it has to restart. At that point it goes into "press any key to boot from CD......" then jsut decided to chill, indefinately.

what the heck is going on?