I Can't Fold Anymore...

snipermav

Sorry to say, I don't think I can fold anymore. For some reason, ever since I moved into my dorms at college, folding@home has made my computer reboot every time I've left it running. When I was at home it was doing just fine, I remember testing heavily after I droop modded my mobo. But today marks like the 5th time that folding has restarted my computer...wish I knew what was wrong. Maybe I should remove the -forceasm tag?

Try a reinstall, and then check your temps, the AC may be affecting your temp and the MOBO may be auto shutting down when it haets up too much. also you're college power may be a little flacky ( can this effect OC's ?? ) so maybe backign off the OC a little will help.. are you even OCed?

Now I look and yes you are. Thats what i woudl sujest

that's not a bad thing... had that happen on 3 PCs of mine... This is what I found..

One PC:the CPU fan was bogged down with dust bunnies, canned air fixed it.

two PC: I added some heat goo from the CPU to the heat sink, fixed it.

three: the bios has a threshold for 44c I bumped it to 50 and it works fine!

So look at your coolung, pull that heat sink, That is what it was for three of mine... they are all still in the game producing!

get in there soldier! we need every point we can get!!!

:withstupid: and removing the -forceasm flag might help after a restart from a crash. It won't help prevent the first crash though. It will cause yoou to process WUs much more slowly, but it's better than not folding at all.