Just Bought A Gigabyte Board

i just bought this gigabyte board GA-8IPE1000PRO-G (the model) is it overclockable, and if so a good one? i bought it refurbished cuz i needed a quick solution for now, it seems to be a decent board none the less but lemme know if its a good oc'er and thanks :P

it's a good board....overclockability depends on your processor. it has the 865PE chipset (i believe) which is what i have. it's a good board. you'll be happy with it...and not just for a quick solution.

same here (with the 8ik1100) - gigabyte boards are pretty solid - they arent "top of the line" as when it comes to benchmarking on - but they do get the job done and have a nice way of doing it that i havnt seen with a lot of other different boards (still wants the chaintech zenith)

if you overclock you are going to want to change taht chipset heatsink to one that has a fan in it

i'm already ocing with the standard chipset hs but i'm planning on getting water cooling for the hole thing but i still have a question. it's about lga75 to 478 comptibility, if u lnow the answer post it in the proc forum