Mouse (or Mice) FAQ

Nerm

Ok... this is a place that we can kinda orginize many of the commonly asked questions about Mice.

Feel free to submit to this thread in a Q&A format... a staff member will edit this message from time to time with the new FAQ. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Search The Forums : Asking For Help Guidelines : Overclockers Club Site Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q) I want a good mouse for gaming, what should I be looking out for?

A) Important things to look out for in a gaming mouse are -

Optical - Optical mice are generally a better proposition all round, be it for gaming or everyday use.

Resolution - A higher resolution (measured in dpi) will provide greater accuracy.

Response Time - It may be hard to find a measured response time in mice specs, but if you can then lower is better. For this reason, wired mice are better for gaming, as wireless mice can often create a 'lag' effect.

Feel - It is important that a gaming mouse feels right in your hand, if you are going to be spending a reasonable amount of money, try and find somewhere you can test out your potential purchase.

Buttons - Extra buttons may not be essential, but can be useful in alot of games. Anoher thing to consider.

• 4 months later...

Q: What's the deal with this "fan mouse?"

A: Some fan mice are alright, while others have a weak, loud, fan that vibrates. Read reviews before buying a mouse.

Q: What Kinds of mods have you seen done to a mouse?

A: I have seen the LED in an optical mouse changed to a different color and I have seen a mouse with a tiny window modded in.

• 2 months later...
Guest snootywaiter

Q: Hey i saw a cool "airflow" mouse today, is it any good?

A: No. I have had one, and it sucked, the fan on the nyko airflow mouse is loud, annoying, and it doesnt blow practically any air. Plus there are rubber grips that make it feel like a piece of hardened gum. And one last thing; I had my mouse for about a month and it crapped out and stopped working :angry:

• 4 weeks later...

Q: What do you think is the best gaming mouse for me?

A: Razer Diamondback, or wait until the Logitech MX518 comes out, it will have the same specifications as the Diamondback, only the body and shape and style of the MX510.. all depends on what you think looks better and what feels better on your hands. DONT GET A WIRELESS

• 2 months later...

Q:is it really worth it to spend all that on a mouse

A: it all depends, if you can deal with your current mouse and are comfortable with it, stay with that than, if not, than i would reccomend you would look at a new mouse

Q: What's this Anti-Friction liquid crap? Another marketing gimmick?

A: From my experience with Func Anti-Friction LIQUID (formerly known as Mousewax, before the inventor sold the patent to Func), it's far from a marketing gimmick. I used it with a RatpadzGS, and it made a hell of a difference. The mouse literally hovered.