Got $100 To Spend

well I'm not sure what you need, I do know that I just got the new x800pro and expected to see some serious gain. I was let down, turns out My mobo was a bottle neck.

So my case was like yours, new mobo/ new video card. The vidcard did little for me and I'm stuck ordering a mobo now.

(went from 14k to 16k 3dmark2001se) (old video was nvid 5700u)

ASUS have been nothing but perfection for me and all of my friends regard them as best mid/high range for AMD ;_;

I will never argue that DFI is better because I've never seen or touched one.

:withstupid: I've had two Asus boards and they're nice. This one is better than my first though (A7V8X-X, had many a problem due to the KT400 part). I'd suggest an A7V8X. Only difference between that and the -X is the -X doesn't have dual channel or SATA (which you can but for yourself, but the dual channel will really boost performance when you have the RAM)

I have ONLY had Asus motherboards until this week sometime when my Abit NF7-S comes in the mail. My A7V8X-X has been rocksolid, just not the best for overclocking apparently. I don't know why people are against Asus, all I can say is that their products have been running my rigs for the past 5 years and I haven't had any problems. I even scratched up my old Asus board good with a screwdriver when I was installing the heatsink and it didn't break anything.