Building An Intel For 1100

TiKiGoD

OK, here's the thing... I'm trying to build an Intel machine for my grandparents for less than $1200. The machine needs to include everything... cables, cdr, dvdrom, everything that a new machine needs. I would also like to use ddr Ram... What is the best machine I can make for under $1200? RAID is not important...

If its just for your grandparents then you can build just about anything you want for $1200.

As a matter of fact, Im in the process of making my friend a comp. for under $800 w/ Xp2100+, 512 DDR, G4 ti4200, 80 HDD, 16X DVD, 32X cd-rw.

ok heres how I buy a comp ussually...

I figure....

CDR - $50

DVD - $50

monitor - $200

graphics card - $100 (could go even cheaper)

mouse + keyboard - $30-70 (I ussually spend 20 on a keyboard and 10 on a moouse)

speakers - $50-200

Floppy - $10

DDR Ram - $100 (512 mb)

HD - $100-120 (80 gigs or so)

Chasis + power supply - $50-100

mobo - $100

chip - should be around 150 or so depending on what you want...

average that will run ya around 1000 right there if you dont try and get really expensive stuff... especially since its for your grandparents... I dont think they need an expensive vid card and top of the line speakers... Id just be reasonable on the stuff you get for what they'll need and manage your money well and you should easilly be able to do under $1100... for me that would be more than enough money... I'd probly pay around 800 or so if it were me...

Yeah how do I turn the jumpers on my ASUS on? My BIOS don't have the OCing capabilities and I have tried CPUFSB to no avail. Well I would just liek to try OCing from the jumpers if I can turn them on...The problem is that I don't have the mobo manual so I don't know how. (Crappy Sony manual set)